Orientation for New International Students

For New International Students of NU-Spring 2023

"2023 Spring Orientation for New International Students" will not be held face to face because of the expanding COVID-19 infection.
Instead, we upload orientation materials as follows, so please make sure to check them all before enrollment.
In addition, please also see "Pre-Arrival" page for the detailed flow about the preparations that you need to do from now to enroll.

We would greatly appreciate if you could take a few minutes to fill out the questionnaire about the orientation and your future career plan!
Answer the questionnaire 

Orientation Videos and Materials

About life in general
(List: Daily life, Residence status, Part-time job, National pention, Health insurance and Cross-cultural adjustment)
About campus life at NU
(List: Research and Study, Harassment Prevention, Career guidance and Career development for graduate students)

*If you are not able to watch YouTube videos above, please check HERE instead.


  1. Health Consultation
  2. Introduction to Harassment Prevention System
  3. Intercultural Exchange Activities
  4. Culture Shock and Cross-Cultural Adjustment
  5. Student Groups of Nagoya University
  6. Coffee Hour
  7. NUFSA - Nagoya University International Student Association
  8. NU Help Desk
  9. ACE - Nagoya University Action group for Cross cultural Exchange
  10. Clubs and Circles
  11. Career Support Center (See here for information on this year's event.)
  12. Ability Support Center
  13. Guide to Nagoya University Central Library
  14. Nagoya University Central Library's Support Desk for academic support, and Guidance Programs
  15. Japan IR&C 24-Hour Emergency Response Support Service *We recommend that you take a screenshot this card for emergency.

Inportant Notice

Inquiry / Support desk

About classes and courses / Campus life International Student Advisors or Student Affairs Division of your school
Any worries Student Support,
Glabal Engagement Center Support Team (appointment only)
Consultation on job-hunting or career Career Support Center,
Doctoral Student Career Development
Health consultation Health Administration Office