If involved in a Traffic Accident

If Involved in a Traffic Accident

If you are involved in a traffic accident, remain calm and do the following even when the accident seems trivial.

  1. If anyone is injured, dial 119 for an ambulance.
  2. Move any dangerous items, including vehicles, off the road to prevent other accidents.
  3. Call the police (dial 110) immediately to report the traffic accident, even if it is small, and obtain a “Traffic Accident Certificate”. This official certificate will be necessary for any insurance claims.
  4. Write down the license plate number of the car concerned as well as the name, address and age of the driver, after requesting to see his/her driver’s license.
  5. If there are witnesses, write down their names, addresses and telephone numbers.
  6. Make detailed notes of the accident and take photographs, if possible.
  7. See a doctor, even if you think that you are all right because sometimes symptoms can take time to occur.
  8. Consult your insurance company as soon as possible.

Compensation for Damages

Information about free traffic accident consultation service
Website of Nagoya City : About traffic accident consultation

Free Legal Consultations
Nagoya International Center
Tel:052-581-6111 (10:00-12:30 on Saturdays)